Have you ever been BAD?
No, not in the 'good or bad' sense, but have you ever suffered from Blogging Addiction Disorder.
I'm serious - I seem to be suffering from a severe case of BAD syndrome and have no idea what to do about it.
- irrational exuberance at making contact with a new face in the blogosphere.
- forgetting to maintain basic life supporting functions - eating, sleeping, going for a pee when needed, etc.
- overwhelming feelings of joy in following a link to a new blog and finding they share the same interests.
- an increasing apathy towards 'everyday responsibilities'
- unbridled feelings of awe at the realisation that maybe we have in our hands a generative tool that could, if we use it well, raise our level of consciousness - help heal the 'human condition' - a tool to change the world!
- a complete disregard for a quickly fading concept that I once had, called 'time'.
If you have ever come across anything like this yourself please contact me and let me know of any coping or remedial strategies you know of.
Not only is this BAD but my friends and family say it's actually getting WORSE (Withdraws Out of Reality into Secretive Environment)
I suppose there are a few meanies out there that would say this is all my own fault but I would disagree. I've already built a few weblogs for other people with no adverse reactions whatsoever - unless 'warm enthusiasm' is a precursor for BAD syndrome!
So, to all you ' BAD ass bloggers' out there, please help me. What am I to do?
PS. If anyone has a prognosis for this affliction it would be greatly appreciated. - i.e. Is it contagious? Is it degenerative? Is it curable?
You can be completely frank with me - I would prefer to take the truth straight and unsalted.